"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Friday, October 17, 2014

To See and Believe


You say I haven't faith to see,
the light of God alive in me.
You say I lack a truer heart
and belief that sets a soul apart.

You say if I would only pray,
throw all I think I know away,
and use my heart and not my head,
I'd find myself now Spirit lead!

I'd speak the language angels use,
the Holy Ghost would be my muse!
I could raise the dead and heal the sick,
God's power cutting to the quick.

You say that every sinner's heart
would be redeemed, a brand new start.
If only they could see God's power
they'd all repent this very hour.

and yet,

The Bible tells it differently.
There's evidence for all to see!
In this world created, though torn with strife
and in the power of a new-made life.

I've seen the power of God above,
I've seen His unimaginable love.
It's not in gifts of tounges or health.
It's in the Word and in myself

The power of God is plainly shown
in Christ and how His death alone,
has paid for every sinner's soul,
a sacrifice to make men whole.

If men won't listen to His Word,
if they reject what they have heard,
no cosmic show will bring them down,
to submit themselves to Jesus' crown.

I need no other evidence,
the gospel will suffice.
For my soul was bonded once to hell,
and Jesus paid the price.

by. Jonathan E. Schaefer

10/17/2014

1 comment: