"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Friday, August 29, 2014

Thankful


Have I thanked You for the sunset?
Have I thanked You for the stars?
Have I expressed my gratitude
for all we count as ours?

Do I show how much emotion
I feel or sense in me?
Do I truly understand how much
Your Grace has affected me?

God I thank you for this world I see
I thank you for the land
I thank for the beauty
For the artwork of Your hand.

I thank You for my journey
For the life I lead each day
I thank You that You're always there
Even when I've lost my way.

How can I fully say,
How can I justly show?
How much You are appreciated?
Do I even know?

Can I comprehend Your riches?
Can I understand Your Grace?
Will I realize it someday?
Or will it be a constant chase?

I know that I can't fully grasp
The wonders You bestow.
I know I'll never say enough.
My gratitude to show.

I have so little I can give
So few words I can say.
What I have is nearly worthless
In this world of pain and strife
But it's all I have to give you
So to my Father,


Here's my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment