"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Friday, August 22, 2014

Poem: Sometimes, Often, Always

Sometimes
I can feel that infinite void
That separates God from man.

Sometimes
I find it hard
To understand His plan.

Often
I feel so lost
And confused by what I see.

Always
I can feel His hand
Guiding and comforting me.

Faithless
And fallen
And useless I am at heart.

But Perfect
Is the love of God
Who chose me from the start.

Never
Will I fully understand
The scope of His Grace

But someday
I'll worship in truth
And see Him face to face.

This world
Is harsh
It's breaking, broken,
Full of suffering and strife

There is every reason
To just give up
But more to search for Life

This God
I serve imperfectly
Is all I will ever need.

This world
Will fade eventually
With all it's lusts and greed.

I
Will hold to that which lasts
And kneel before the throne.

He
Will keep His every Word

And prove He is God alone.

by. me

No comments:

Post a Comment