"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Just a Little Something

     I need to apologize, yesterday was kind of a down day.  I wasn't feeling very creative and I also felt just a touch under the weather so I made excuses till the day was gone and I hadn't really written anything.  I don't wan to leave a day blank though so I have an older poem of mine for you all.  Not sure If I've posted it here before, let me know if I did and I'll replace it!  Thanks for reading!

The Puzzle Complete

I think that I was missing something
Though I had much to say
I think I somehow missed the point
With so much in the way

With fear and doubt I closed my eyes
And sank into despair
I sat and cried
And didn't try
To see that you still cared

But now something has changed in me
The darkness starts to fade
The love of God has pulled me from
The hole that I had made

I've spent so long so focused on
The missing, broken parts
That I forgot that you fulfill
The longings of our hearts

So let me walk in daylight, Lord
Let my heart be freed
And let me not forget again,
That you are all I need.


by. Jonathan Schaefer
06/21/06

No comments:

Post a Comment