"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

So...yeah...Hello Again!

     Okay...so that happened. Pay no attention to the writer as he sneaks back into the room! Seriously though I do apologize for essentially abandoning the blog for so long. For those who don't know, I got married back in September. Unfortunately what with starting a second job and getting used to my new schedule and all the general craziness that goes along with being a newlywed I let the blog fall to the wayside. That being said, I'm back now and I've got some things coming on the horizon!
     One thing you'll notice is that the format will be changing on this blog. I'm going to be relaxing the structure and shortening the posts and just generally making everything quicker and more frequent. I feel like that will fit the title of the blog and my original intentions more than the longer more thought out articles that I have been doing. I'll still be posting the occasional poem and I'll even try and do some link round-ups as well, but in general I'll try and post more but less as it were.
     That being said, I won't be completely disregarding longer articles. I'm working on starting a second blog called “Ex-Positional” which will be the new home to my longer posts and other more serious discussions. I'll make an announcement here and around the web when I start that project, but for now I will be adjusting to posting again and doing so more frequently.

Now, with the explanation out of the way, back to business!


     The other day I was listening to a band called Fireflight (http://fireflightrock.com/), specifically the song “Stronger Than You Think” off their album “Now”. I'm not going to go posting a bunch of lyrics but the point is it got me thinking about personal strength and the spiritual battle we all face every day. After a few minutes it suddenly dawned on me that it's not a battle. Really, it's not. The challenge we face is to either totally crush the enemy in a manner both decisive and unchallenged, or surrender arms and bow to the dark.
     We know that Jesus paid for our sins on the cross and that payment was accepted by God as evidenced by the resurrection. We know that our strength comes from God and specifically the Spirit within us. There are no battles with God. God doesn't struggle or fight to have his plans succeed, what he says go's! That's it. No argument, no debate, no formulating possible alternatives! The lie we all keep believing is that there's chance that we can fail. I'm not saying we can be perfect, of course not. When we sin it's not because some cosmic battle has turned in the enemy's favor, it's because we chose to. Our sin is our choice, because the flesh is screaming in our head all the time and it's so often easier to just say “okay, fine whatever,” then to suck it up, cover your ears, and follow God.

     We spend every day in fishbowl of lies. All around us and inside us are half-truths and straight up falsehoods paraded as reality. The big lies here are several: You're not strong enough, that activity really isn't a sin, God's not watching, and on and on. Sin wants you to think that you can't resist, but trust me fellow Christian you can! You DO NOT have to listen to your fleshly impulses! Since the Spirit is an equal member of the Trinity, and as a Christian God has placed His spirit in you, God Himself is literally residing within you! Think about that! I'm going to keep using exclamation points until you understand, GOD IS INSIDE YOU!! He wants you to succeed, and has given you everything you need to do just that! So stop couching your repentance prayers in language that makes you look better or hedges your doubt about God. Stop saying you failed, or you slipped, or messed up. You chose to sin, and the sooner we can admit to that and repent -really repent- the sooner we can move on and give our lives for Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment