"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Monday, August 26, 2013

Why I Write

     So I have this blog, cool. I've given myself a schedule and I've stuck to it so far, great. I'm looking into ways to produce more content and generate more page views and hopefully make a bit of income with it, nice...but what am I saying? It occurred to me the other day that I have to be careful not to loose the message amidst the business.

     When I started this blog it was more random than it is now but I've since decided to try and write about actual Biblical issues which puts me into an interesting situation. I've made myself a teacher and God has a warning for teachers.

James 3:1My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.”

See that? Now that I've taken upon this mantle I am going to be held accountable for the things I write about, for the things that I've taught to others. I better take this seriously don't you think?

Fact checking...kind of important.

     I feel that God is reminding me that even this tiny unnoticed blog is a chance for His Word to make it into someone's mind, into their heart. What is important is that I write the truth and remember that I am not here to increase my own renown or even to become some famous blogger with hundreds in ad-revenue, I am here to see God's kingdom expanded, to spread God.

     Ultimately it leads me back to the verse at the top of the page..go ahead and scroll up and read it. I'll wait ... … … ok fine here:

1 Corinthians 10:31Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”

Everything we do in life is to give Him glory, from our rising in the morning to our laying down at night our every action should bring Him praise! We can't let any aspect of our lives be separate from Him. It's funny but I can't even play “evil” on games with a morality system nowadays, it's just not enjoyable because I know it's wrong.

Besides, vampires are so mainstream...


     When you're at work do you behave ethically and honorably? When you're at play do you follow the rules and play fair? When you're just inside your own head what do you allow to roam your mind-scape? Our lives are His lives, our ways should be His ways. So I'll keep prayin' and keep tryin' to let God speak through me, to use this blog to tell the world (or the handful of people who currently read this blog!) what He has to say. Keep me in check won't you? If you see me stray from truth, if I start sounding like it's all about me, if stray from God on this small piece of the internet, let me know. 

I'll keep praying for you to.

1 comment:

  1. I like your writing style. Some people think Christians aren't supposed to have a sense of humor. That's insane! Kudo's to you for getting the point across but keeping it light!

    ReplyDelete